Badgeville’s making their product more accessible and deployable, by packaging it’s experience working with over 150 different clients, and creating a framework for new and existing clients. This move ultimately makes the process for companies looking to transition into a gamified environment that much easier. We look forward to seeing how this affects future and existing deployments.
Continue below for the full announcement from Badgeville.
Badgeville Announces World’s First Gamification Frameworks
Global leader revolutionizes gamification industry with suite of turnkey frameworks
Menlo Park, Calif. (April 26, 2012)—Badgeville, the gold standard for gamification, today announced the release of the world’s first Gamification Frameworks, a collection of prescriptive, turnkey gamification solutions to enable rapid deployment and successful engagement across customer and employee audiences.
Driving user behavior requires the careful application of social, game, and reputation mechanics across a company’s websites and apps. Until today, businesses had to rely on game design internally to build sustainable gamification programs, limiting ROI, quality, and scalability. The Gamification Frameworks make it easy for marketers, IT leaders, and other enterprise stakeholders to influence user behaviors that matter to them, increasing customer loyalty and employee performance.
“Frameworks have slashed our customer deployment cycles from months to weeks, and dramatically enhanced each customer’s real business results,” said Kris Duggan, CEO, Badgeville. “As the gamification market matures, business leaders expect gamification providers to supply expertise tying together game design, psychology and science to drive behavior, not just the technology alone. We’ve taken what we’ve learned from over 150 major deployments to package those learnings into these proprietary frameworks, and are now making them available to all world-class companies.”
Based on Badgeville’s experience in gamification for world-class companies including Deloitte, Samsung, Dell, CA, eBay, NBC, Universal Music and Kaiser Permanente’s Avivia Health, the Gamification Frameworks offer robust models for customer-facing and employee-facing programs, proven effective game and social mechanic design, world-class configurable widgets, and a holistic reporting and analytic suite for a sophisticated, smart, and fast gamification deployment.
Badgeville’s Gamification Frameworks include these six turnkey approaches:
- Core Gamification: This framework, designed for customer-facing programs, enables businesses to apply game mechanics in user experiences which focus on individual experiences that are not inherently social. The focus of these programs is to drive specific individual behaviors, such as sharing links to content, liking products, and completing multiple steps of a transaction process.
- Community Expert: This framework, which can be easily layered on top of leading community platforms such as Bazaarvoice, Lithium, Jive, Drupal’s Acquia, Get Satisfaction, and more, is designed for user experiences where the contributions individuals increase the overall value of the site. While standard gamification programs delineate ‘winners’ in the context of leaderboards and comparing achievements, this framework enables everyone in the community to choose specializations and earn status in distinct topics, helping experts and advocates establish reputation in the community. The community expert program increases the quality and quantity of user contributions and is popular across online communities and media properties with commenting and user-generated content systems.
- Competitive Pyramid: This framework is designed to amplify the competition of naturally competitive customer-facing programs. It is intended for programs in which users are already competing to showcase their skill and smarts. This program increases the dimensions of competition; from skill-testing challenges, through categorical domination, up to site-wide supremacy.
- Gentle Guide: This framework, which can be used in customer-facing and employee-facing experiences, is designed for user experiences which require guidance through a series of predefined steps. Ideal for Training and Certification programs as well as multi-step registrations within the Financial Services and Education industries, Gentle Guide creates an incentive program to encourage efficient completion of processes and compliance within an individual user experience.
- Company Collaborator: This framework is designed to increase adoption of social enterprise technologies, with easy integration into community software such as Yammer, Jive, IBM Connections, Salesforce.com, and more. While Gartner estimates that companies will spend $1 trillion on enterprise software over the next five years, only 50% of these investments are adequately utilized. And in some software categories, 88 percent of social software investments go unused. Company Collaborator effectively solves the massive adoption challenge of enterprise software by rewarding employees with valuable status and reputation. This increases the quality and quantity of contributions in business communities as diverse as employee forums to developer communities to partners in private and public enterprise communities.
- Company Challenge: This framework is designed to drive employee behavior by creating a fun competition amongst your employees in relevant departments, such as sales, support, and IT. With Company Challenge, you can easily challenge your staff to compete individually and in teams for various behaviors tracked in your internal business programs, such as Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, and other leading CRM systems, and support desk software, such as Zendesk.
Consistent with Badgeville’s leadership across virtually every industry and business size, from large Fortune 1000 businesses to innovative startups, the Gamification Frameworks are proven effective in employee, customer, developer and partner experiences. Badgeville is the world’s most deployed gamification platform, serving over 150 global customers in Technology, Telco, Health & Fitness, CPG, Consumer Electronics, Retail, eCommerce, Media & Entertainment, and Financial Services.
For more information, visit www.badgeville.com.